• Contact Us
  • About Us
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Economy

Buhari not dead – Presidency

metro by metro
January 22, 2017
in Economy
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Buhari at the airport with service chief.

 

Presidency has denied that President Muhammadu Buhari is dead as being speculated by mischief makers.

Read Also

Amid Dwindling Purchasing Power Of Naira, January Inflation Eases To 15.10 Percent 

Nigerian, Zambian Currencies May Post Further Gains As Ghana’s Cedi Faces Pressure

Yuan Expected To Rise In 2026 Amid Cautious Optimism From  Beijing

The Presidential spokespersons on Saturday night in Abuja described as ”evil rumours” the social media reports on President Muhammadu Buhari’s health conditions.

In their separate posts, published on their Twitter handles, Mr Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President and Malam Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the President, dismissed the reports as false and clear case of mischief.

Adesina said: “Best wishes to all who wish PMB well.

“As for those who carry evil rumours, may they receive grave to repent.’’

Shehu also dismissed the rumour that President Buhari was dead as being speculated by mischief makers.

He also described as false and untrue the report that the President was flown to Germany.

Shehu said: “He is alive and well! President Buhari is not magical. He cannot be holidaying in the UK and be in Germany, dead or alive at the same time.

“He is unlike a past President who was at Ota, with Chief Obasanjo and attending the Trump inauguration in D.C, being in two places at the same time!’’

President Muhammadu Buhari left Abuja for the United Kingdom on Thursday on a short leave, which is part of his annual vacation.

Adesina, the President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, who made this known, on Thursday, said: “During the vacation, the President will also undergo routine medical check-ups.

“He is expected to resume work on Feb. 6, 2017.”

He said that in line with Section 145 (1) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), the President of the Senate, and Speaker, House of Representatives, had been duly communicated.

“While away, the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, will perform the functions of the Office of the President.
”
Some people has taken to the social media speculating the Buhari had died in a London hospital.

A post with the headline: “Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari di…. London – Nigeria” was attributed to metro-uk.co”.

When opened, the headline appeared briefly without the the body of the story, The headline disappeared completely later in the night of Saturday.

On further search, metro-uk.com, is a domain name that had been put up for sale.

Meanwhile, many Nigerians have taken to twitter and Facebook to castigate the mischief makers.

One of the post on Acebook said: “Godly for mouth, devilish at heart…how on earth could anyone use death as a mischief tool? It is only God the almighty that giveth life and HE alone has the power to taketh same life.”

“For those spreading wicked and evil rumour about death of a soul, they should know that; they themselves don’t know when, where and in which circumstances they will perish. They can wish PMB death thousand times and have fun; the same God that created them from drop of sperm to their miserable state is watching them. Long live Nigeria and good Nigerian people, long live PMB!”

Kiibati Bankole ‏@KBT_BANKOLE tweeted: “ Metro UK is carrying the news that the President is dead.’’

A.S. Aruwa ‏@MusadiqZ said “ May God continue to guide and protect my GCFR, Muhammadu Mai gaskiya Buhari.’’

(NAN)

Previous Post

Gunmen attack Fulani community in Kaduna

Next Post

Foreign investors liquidate over N200bn worth of stocks

Related Posts

National Bureau
Economy

Amid Dwindling Purchasing Power Of Naira, January Inflation Eases To 15.10 Percent 

February 16, 2026
UBA, Fidelity, Others Extend Workdays As CBN Insists On January 31 Deadline For Depositing Old Naira Notes
Economy

Nigerian, Zambian Currencies May Post Further Gains As Ghana’s Cedi Faces Pressure

February 6, 2026
Yuan Expected To Rise In 2026 Amid Cautious Optimism From  Beijing
Economy

Yuan Expected To Rise In 2026 Amid Cautious Optimism From  Beijing

February 4, 2026
African Nations Now Send More Money To China Than They Receive In New Loans
Economy

African Nations Now Send More Money To China Than They Receive In New Loans

January 27, 2026
Next Post
NSE

Foreign investors liquidate over N200bn worth of stocks

Trump

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

February 21, 2026
US Labor Secretary’s Husband Barred From Department Over Sexual Assault Allegations, NYT Reports

US Labor Secretary’s Husband Barred From Department Over Sexual Assault Allegations, NYT Reports

February 20, 2026
Nigerians Overstaying Visa Risk Serious Sanctions, US Warns, Says “No Honest Mistakes”

Trump Administration Moves To End Housing Assistance For Mixed Immigration Families 

February 20, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version