• Contact Us
  • About Us
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Alleged N25bn fraud: Court fixes Jan. 16 for adoption of final addresses in Goje’s case

metro by metro
December 3, 2018
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Danjuma Goje
Danjuma Goje

A Federal High Court sitting in Jos on Monday, fixed Jan.16 for the adoption of final written addresses in the alleged  N25 billion corruption charge filed against former Governor Danjuma Goje.

The Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) in 2012, charged Goje with 20 counts of conspiracy and money laundering.

Read Also

Protests Erupt Over Kenya Fuel Price Hikes, Strike Strands Commuters 

PDP Screens Jonathan Tuesday As Sole Presidential Aspirant For 2027 Race

Court Grants El-Rufai ₦100 Million Bail

Also being charged along with Goje are Alhaji Aliyu El-Nafarty, former Chairman, Gombe State Universal Basic Education Board, Alhaji Sambo Tumu, his cousin, who was contracted to supply food to the Government House, and one S.M. Dakoro, a businessman.

The anti-graft agency alleged that the defendants conspired to defraud the state of about N25 billion via illegal acts, contrary to, and punishable under sections 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 of the Money Laundering (Prohibition Act) 2011 as amended.

Justice Babatunde Quadiri, fixed the day, after Chief Chris Uche (SAN), the Defence Counsel, told the court that the he had an application of a “no-case-submission’’ made by the four accused.

“My Lord, we have a motion before your lordship, applying for a no-case-submission made by all the accused, which we wish to move now, but subject to the convenient of the court.

“The motion is seeking for an extension of time within which to file our application for no-case-submission as agreed upon in the last adjournment, ’’ Uche stated.

Uche told the court that the application had already been served on the prosecution.

According to him, “a reply to our application has been done and a copy of it was given to us right here in court this Monday morning.’’

Also, Mr Wahab Shittu, the EFCC counsel, who concurred with the submissions of Uche, did not object to the application, which he described as “a very harmless’’ application.

Nevertheless, Chief Uche, after moving the application, pleaded with the court to give the defence 14 days within which to also respond to the reply of the prosecution on points of law.

“My Lord, the prosecution brought a 304 page response to our application, which we need to study and also reply them on points of law, ’’ he pleaded.

Justice Quadiri, then adjourned the case to Jan. 16, for adoption of final written addresses both parties in the case.

Tags: Danjuma Goje
Previous Post

Senate commences investigation into N23bn failed road project

Next Post

Expert tasks FG on infrastructure development

Related Posts

BREAKING NEWS: Kenya Supreme Court Upholds Presidential Election Results Declaring Ruto As President Elect, Says No Evidence-50% Plus-One Threshold Not Met
News

Protests Erupt Over Kenya Fuel Price Hikes, Strike Strands Commuters 

May 18, 2026
GEJ Hints At Joining 2027 Presidential Race, Says Consulting
News

PDP Screens Jonathan Tuesday As Sole Presidential Aspirant For 2027 Race

May 18, 2026
Court Grants El-Rufai ₦100 Million Bail
News

Court Grants El-Rufai ₦100 Million Bail

May 18, 2026
Iran War Looms Over Trump’s China Visit, Shifts Alliances 
News

Iran War Looms Over Trump’s China Visit, Shifts Alliances 

May 14, 2026
Next Post

Expert tasks FG on infrastructure development

Oil Stocks Declining ‘Very Fast’, IEA Chief Warns

Oil Stocks Declining ‘Very Fast’, IEA Chief Warns

May 18, 2026

NGX Advances Investor Education Drive With Digital Retail Engagement Initiative

May 18, 2026
WHO Declares Ebola Outbreak In Congo, Uganda An Emergency Of international Concern 

WHO Declares Ebola Outbreak In Congo, Uganda An Emergency Of international Concern 

May 18, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version