• Contact Us
  • About Us
Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Economy

Abuja collapsed building: relevant agencies will ensure rescue operations, says acting president Osinbajo at scene of incident

metro by metro
August 18, 2018
in Economy
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, has described the collapse of a four-storey building in Jabi/Utako area of Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, as an unfortunate incident, and  assured that that all the relevant public agencies are on ground to ensure rescue operations are effectively carried out.

Prof. Osinbajo said this when he visited the scene of the collapsed building in Utako area of the Federal Capital Territory earlier today. The building said to be under construction before the incident, collapsed earlier this afternoon.

Read Also

Nigeria’s Inflation Falls To 15.43 As Worries On Food Prices Remain

ICPC Uncovers N24bn Ghost Workers Scandal, Official Puts 14 Family Members On Government Payroll

ECOWAS Targets $294bn Climate Finance Gap, Moves To Unlock West Africa’s Carbon Market

Speaking to the media afterwards, Prof. Osinbajo commiserated with relatives of those who may have died and those injured. He also hoped that who may still be trapped under the building would be rescued. The Acting President also assured that rescue operations are underway.

Prof Osinbajo said, “First, I want to say the collapse of this building is a very unfortunate incident. As you know, it was a building under construction. It appears to have collapsed a few hours ago. I think that the most important thing at the moment is that we have all of the relief, safety and emergency management agencies all here. NEMA is here, the FCT authorities are here, the Hon. Minister himself is here, the executive government is here.

“So, the whole process of ensuring that those who may be trapped under this collapsed building are rescued is well underway. As you can see, all of the emergency equipment, help movers and the equipment that are required, are here. There is enough for us to expect that they should at least be able to rescue anyone who may still be trapped in this building. I am quite satisfied so far with the level of the activities to ensure that this very unfortunate incident is not made worse by any loss of lives.”

The Acting President was accompanied to the site by the FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Bello, and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Boss Mustapha.

Tags: Abuja collapsed building
Previous Post

NIMC registers 1.7 m in Kaduna state

Next Post

IPOB women demand Kanu’s release, land in trouble

Related Posts

More Nigerians Go Hungry As Food Prices Soar beyond Average Consumers
Economy

Nigeria’s Inflation Falls To 15.43 As Worries On Food Prices Remain

August 17, 2026
ICPC Arrests NSCDC Deputy Commaandant Over Alleged N3bn Fraud
Economy

ICPC Uncovers N24bn Ghost Workers Scandal, Official Puts 14 Family Members On Government Payroll

August 13, 2026
Leadership Deficit And Political Crises Rocking ECOWAS Region
Economy

ECOWAS Targets $294bn Climate Finance Gap, Moves To Unlock West Africa’s Carbon Market

August 12, 2026
Debt Crisis Hits New Highs In Developing Nations, Relief Deal Needed, Says UN
Economy

Amid Rising Revenue FCT, Lagos, Rivers Aaccount For 43% Of Nigeria’s N4.52trn States’ Debt

August 10, 2026
Next Post

IPOB women demand Kanu’s release, land in trouble

Rwanda Highlights Potential for Migration to Drive Jobs, Skills and Regional Growth: IOM Chief

August 21, 2026
UK Finance Minister Says Govt To Cut Cost By 15%

Democratic California State Legislator Wahab Wins US House Of Representatives Seat

August 21, 2026
FG considers foreign exchange reforms as dollar shortages bite

Dollar Wobbles As Investors Balk At US Treasury’s Rescue Efforts

August 21, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version