• Contact Us
  • About Us
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Economy

First Bank re-opens Omu-Aran branch in Kwara after 3yrs closure

Editor by Editor
January 11, 2017
in Economy
0
First Bank Nigeria
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS

 First Bank Nigeria limited , Omu-Aran branch in Kwara State which was closed down in May 2013, due to armed robbery attack has re-opened and commenced rendering skeletal services to customers.

Festus Egbodofo, Business Development Manager of the branch in Kwara, had earlier announced in November, during the 2016 Annual Omu-Aran festival that skeletal services would soon commence in Omu-Aran branch of the bank.

Read Also

Amid Dwindling Purchasing Power Of Naira, January Inflation Eases To 15.10 Percent 

Nigerian, Zambian Currencies May Post Further Gains As Ghana’s Cedi Faces Pressure

Yuan Expected To Rise In 2026 Amid Cautious Optimism From  Beijing

Egbodofo, in his goodwill message, commended the people of Omu-Aran for their commitment to ensure adequate protection of lives and properties in the town.

The management of First Bank had in the last two weeks being renovating the bank’s building in Omu-Aran in readiness for banking operations.

With visitation and investigations by newsmen, the bank premises on Aperan Way on Wednesday shows that skeletal services had indeed commenced at the bank, as several customers were seen carrying out transactions.

A top official of the bank, who preferred anonymity, confirmed the development.
He said that the bank would operate skeletal services from 10 a.m till 12 noon for the time being until restoration of normal services.

“As you can see, we have started attending to customers, especially regarding re-activating of old accounts and opening of new ones,” the source said.

Oba Charles Ibitoye, the Olomu of Omu-Aran, in his reaction to the development, lauded the management of the bank for being sensitive to the plight of their customers since the indefinite closure.

“We are most grateful for the honour done to us by the management of First Bank by fulfilling the promise of re-opening the branch made during the last Omu-Aran Festival of Clubs.

Also speaking, Suleiman Atolagbe-Labiaka, an iron rod merchant, thanked the Olomu-in-Council and members of Omu-Aran Development Association (ODA) for ensuring the re-opening of the bank’s branch.

He said that the indefinite closure of the bank had impacted negatively on the socio-economic development of the community.

Bisi Adeyemi, High Chief and President, Omu-Aran Development Association (ODA), pledged that the association would support the management and staff to ensure uninterrupted services at the bank.

Previous Post

Nigeria to sell diaspora bonds in March after eurobond issue-source

Next Post

Nigeria inflation seen declining for first time in 14 months

Related Posts

National Bureau
Economy

Amid Dwindling Purchasing Power Of Naira, January Inflation Eases To 15.10 Percent 

February 16, 2026
UBA, Fidelity, Others Extend Workdays As CBN Insists On January 31 Deadline For Depositing Old Naira Notes
Economy

Nigerian, Zambian Currencies May Post Further Gains As Ghana’s Cedi Faces Pressure

February 6, 2026
Yuan Expected To Rise In 2026 Amid Cautious Optimism From  Beijing
Economy

Yuan Expected To Rise In 2026 Amid Cautious Optimism From  Beijing

February 4, 2026
African Nations Now Send More Money To China Than They Receive In New Loans
Economy

African Nations Now Send More Money To China Than They Receive In New Loans

January 27, 2026
Next Post

Nigeria inflation seen declining for first time in 14 months

Trump

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

February 21, 2026
US Labor Secretary’s Husband Barred From Department Over Sexual Assault Allegations, NYT Reports

US Labor Secretary’s Husband Barred From Department Over Sexual Assault Allegations, NYT Reports

February 20, 2026
Nigerians Overstaying Visa Risk Serious Sanctions, US Warns, Says “No Honest Mistakes”

Trump Administration Moves To End Housing Assistance For Mixed Immigration Families 

February 20, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version