• Contact Us
  • About Us
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Sports

Amid Middle East War, Iran Set To  Participate In 2026 World Cup,  FIFA Boss Confirms

metro by metro
April 4, 2026
in Sports
0
Amid Middle East War, Iran Set To  Participate In 2026 World Cup,  FIFA Boss Confirms
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Defiant Iran says it will participate in the  2026 FIFA World Cup competition, despite the ongoing conflict in the Middle East involving the United States and Israel.
Besides, the embattled country  has been involved in  international friendly matches to shape up and as well maje statements to their opponents.
2026 World Cup: Infantino confirms Iran participation amid ongoing conflict
2026 World Cup: Infantino confirms Iran participation amid ongoing conflict
infact, FIFA president Gianni Infantino confirmed the development on Tuesday,  where Iran  played against Costa Rica in Turkey,  where he met with players, coaching staff, and officials.
Infantino made the remarks while speaking to AFP after the match.
Dismissing concerns over Iran’s participation, Infantino insisted that preparations for the tournament remain on track.
“Iran will be at the World Cup,” he said. “That’s what we’re here for. The matches will be where they are supposed to be, according to the draw.”
“I’ve seen the team; I’ve spoken to the players and the coach. Everything’s fine,” Infantino said.
“We’re delighted because they are a very, very strong team.”
Iran’s participation has come under scrutiny in recent weeks amid rising geopolitical tensions. Earlier this month, Iranian Football Federation president Mehdi Taj suggested the team might not travel to the United States due to safety concerns.
There were also indications that discussions had taken place with FIFA about potentially moving Iran’s matches to Mexico. However, FIFA has made no changes to the tournament schedule.
The 2026 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to take place across the United States, Canada, and Mexico, with organisers pressing ahead despite geopolitical concerns.
Iran are currently set to play their group-stage matches in Los Angeles and Seattle, where they will face Belgium, New Zealand, and Egypt.
A FIFA spokesperson reiterated that the governing body remains in regular communication with all participating nations.
READ ALSO:Downed Planes Raise New Perils For Trump As Tehran Hunts For Missing US Pilot 
“FIFA is looking forward to all participating teams competing as per the match schedule announced,” the statement said.
The uncertainty comes in the context of escalating tensions following reported strikes on Iran by the United States and Israel on February 28. Despite this, FIFA has maintained its stance that the tournament structure and hosting arrangements will remain unchanged.
Infantino also addressed the situation in a recent Instagram post, congratulating Iran on qualifying for the tournament.
“Football brings unity and hope, even in the most challenging circumstances,” he wrote. “FIFA will continue to support the team to ensure the best possible conditions as they prepare.”

Read Also

‘Flawed’ Funding System Behind Silence Of Smaller Nations In FIFA’s Civil War, Says Ex-PNG Player

WAFCON 2026: Super Falcons Eliminated After 1-0 Defeat To Cameroon

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Super Falcons Seek World Cup Ticket Against Indomitable Lionesses

Previous Post

Downed Planes Raise New Perils For Trump As Tehran Hunts For Missing US Pilot 

Next Post

MeCure Industries Reinforces Financial Strength, Redeems N3Bn Bond

Related Posts

UEFA Rejects FIFA’s $20bn Subsidiary Investment Plan
Sports

‘Flawed’ Funding System Behind Silence Of Smaller Nations In FIFA’s Civil War, Says Ex-PNG Player

August 11, 2026
WAFCON 2026: Super Falcons Eliminated After 1-0 Defeat To Cameroon
Sports

WAFCON 2026: Super Falcons Eliminated After 1-0 Defeat To Cameroon

August 9, 2026
Nigeria Thrash Egypt 6-2 To Reach WAFCON Quarter-Finals
Sports

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Super Falcons Seek World Cup Ticket Against Indomitable Lionesses

August 9, 2026
Lionel Messi’s Father, Jorge, Dies At 68 After Long Sickness
Sports

Lionel Messi’s Father, Jorge, Dies At 68 After Long Sickness

August 9, 2026
Next Post
MeCure Industries Reinforces Financial Strength, Redeems N3Bn Bond

MeCure Industries Reinforces Financial Strength, Redeems N3Bn Bond

At Least 25 killed In Attack On Nigeria’s Plateau Amid Reprisal Fears

At Least 25 killed In Attack On Nigeria’s Plateau Amid Reprisal Fears

August 18, 2026
US Excludes Nigeria, 17 Other Countries From 2025 Visa Lottery Scheme

US Lifts Security Restrictions On Ships From Nigeria After 12 Years

August 18, 2026
Nigerians More Vulnerable Now Than When You Came, Kukah Tells Buhari  

2027: Ordinary Nigerians Need To See Measurable Improvement In Their Lives-Kukah

August 18, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version