• Contact Us
  • About Us
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

21 more bodies recovered in ambush on oil workers

metro by metro
July 30, 2017
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Nigerian Army
Nigerian Army

The Nigeria Army has confirmed the recovery of 21 more bodies, victims of the July 25 ambush on oil workers in Borno state by Boko Haram insurgents.

The victims who were ambush by Boko Haram insurgents, also included staff members of the University of Maiduguri.

Read Also

2027: Ordinary Nigerians Need To See Measurable Improvement In Their Lives-Kukah

‘We Respect The process’: Oyebamiji Endorses APC Review Of Osun Election Result

U.S. Judge Sets New Deadline For Release Of Records On Allegations Linking Tinubu To Drug Trafficking –Atiku’s US Lobbying Firm

According to the Nigerian Army, aside the 21 more bodies of those on the team recovered, some persons were still missing.

“So far the search and rescue team has recovered additional bodies of 5 soldiers, 11 Civilian JTF and 5 members of the exploration team,” the Director, Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Sani Usman, said in a statement.

He added that six members of the exploration team out of 12 that went out are still missing, while one of the NNPC staff returned to base alive.

Describing the ambush as “as unfortunate and highly regrettable”, Usman said his initial statement that all the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation workers abducted in the ambush had been rescued was wrong.

The statement comes a day after Boko Haram released a video in which three of those abducted during the ambush were shown appealing to the Federal Government to ensure their rescue.

According to the statement, the pursuit team also recovered two of army’s gun trucks and an additional Toyota Buffalo Gun truck from the insurgents.

“In addition, the team also made the following recoveries; four rocket-propelled grenade bombs, four rocket propelled grenade chargers, six AK-47 rifles, one anti-aircraft gun, on general purpose machine gun, one anti-aircraft gun barrel, one rocket-propelled grenade tube, four Dane guns, eight tyres and two Tyre Rims,” it added.

A convoy of NNPC Frontier Exploration services and Surface Geochemistry sampling crew was ambushed and attacked by Boko Haram in Gubio Local Government area of Borno.

Also attacked were consultants from the University of Maiduguri, some military personnel and members of the civilian JTF escort team.

The team was returning to Maiduguri after conducting geological study of part of Lake Chad Basin in preparation for re- entry for seismic activities.

Tags: oil workers
Previous Post

Stop Dogara now, SERAP writes UN

Next Post

Terroist attacks in Borno: We are on top of the situation, acting president assures Nigerians

Related Posts

Nigerians More Vulnerable Now Than When You Came, Kukah Tells Buhari  
News

2027: Ordinary Nigerians Need To See Measurable Improvement In Their Lives-Kukah

August 18, 2026
‘We Respect The process’: Oyebamiji Endorses APC Review Of Osun Election Result
News

‘We Respect The process’: Oyebamiji Endorses APC Review Of Osun Election Result

August 18, 2026
FG Intensifies Moves To Avert Looming Inflation Protests Amid Hide & Seek Game In Week Of Decision
News

U.S. Judge Sets New Deadline For Release Of Records On Allegations Linking Tinubu To Drug Trafficking –Atiku’s US Lobbying Firm

August 18, 2026
UK Commends Resilience, patience Demonstrated By Voters During Osun Election Urges Nigeria To Apply Lessons To 2027 poll
News

UK Commends Resilience, patience Demonstrated By Voters During Osun Election Urges Nigeria To Apply Lessons To 2027 poll

August 17, 2026
Next Post

Terroist attacks in Borno: We are on top of the situation, acting president assures Nigerians

At Least 25 killed In Attack On Nigeria’s Plateau Amid Reprisal Fears

At Least 25 killed In Attack On Nigeria’s Plateau Amid Reprisal Fears

August 18, 2026
US Excludes Nigeria, 17 Other Countries From 2025 Visa Lottery Scheme

US Lifts Security Restrictions On Ships From Nigeria After 12 Years

August 18, 2026
Nigerians More Vulnerable Now Than When You Came, Kukah Tells Buhari  

2027: Ordinary Nigerians Need To See Measurable Improvement In Their Lives-Kukah

August 18, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version