• Contact Us
  • About Us
Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Education

Nobody Can Threaten Us  —  ASUU Dismisses FG’s ‘No Work, No Pay’ Directive

metro by metro
October 14, 2025
in Education
0
Nobody Can Threaten Us  —  ASUU Dismisses FG’s ‘No Work, No Pay’ Directive
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has rejected the Federal Government’s directive enforcing the “No Work, No Pay” policy against striking lecturers, declaring that the union will not bow to intimidation or threats.
ASUU President, Dr. Chris Piwuna, made this known on Monday while speaking on Channels Television’s Politics Today.
He said the union remains united and resolute in its struggle, despite government attempts to divide the academic community through selective payment and threats.
“We don’t respond to threats, and nobody can threaten us,” Piwuna said.
He accused the government of deliberately reaching out to other academic associations such as the National Association of Medical and Dental Academics (NAMDA) and the Congress of Nigerian University Academics (CONUA) in a bid to create division among university staff.
“He is threatening us, writing to NAMDA and CONUA, telling them they can get their salaries. He wants to divide us, but we are united in this matter,” he stated.
According to Piwuna, ASUU enjoys the solidarity of other major university and tertiary institution unions, including the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), the Non-Academic Staff Union (NASU), and academic staff in polytechnics and colleges of education.
“CONUA is with us, NAMDA is with us, SSANU is with us, NASU is with us. The polytechnics and colleges of education are also with us,” he said.
The ASUU leader also advised the Minister of Education, Dr. Tunji Alausa, to prioritise resolving the dispute rather than issuing ultimatums.
“He had better sit down and solve this problem or he will fail in trying to divide us,” Piwuna warned.
READ ALSO:ASUU Tells Nigerians To Blame Education Minister For Strike
Despite the government’s hard stance, Piwuna hinted that the union remains open to dialogue, revealing that the Minister of State for Labour had reached out earlier in the day to initiate talks.
“Today, I received a call from the Minister of State for Labour. She said she has been directed to intervene and get this matter resolved. ASUU is willing. We are ready and available to discuss this matter once and for all,” he added.
The development comes amid heightened tensions between ASUU and the Federal Government following the latter’s order to vice-chancellors of federal universities to enforce the “No Work, No Pay” policy on all lecturers participating in the ongoing nationwide strike.
ASUU began its warning strike to demand the implementation of previous agreements with the government, improved welfare, and revitalisation funding for public universities on Monday.

Read Also

10 things you probably didn’t know about mosquito laboratories

Amid Rising Accommodation Cost, NELFUND Refunds Delay, Unilorin Pledges Greater Commitment To Students’ Welfare

Abduction: NECO Denies Operating ‘Miracle Centre’ In Kogi

Previous Post

ASUU Tells Nigerians To Blame Education Minister For Strike

Next Post

World Robot Olympiad Expands in Africa, Empowering Youth Through Robotics and Innovation

Related Posts

Education

10 things you probably didn’t know about mosquito laboratories

August 18, 2026
Amid Rising Accommodation Cost, NELFUND Refunds Delay, Unilorin Pledges Greater Commitment To Students’ Welfare
Education

Amid Rising Accommodation Cost, NELFUND Refunds Delay, Unilorin Pledges Greater Commitment To Students’ Welfare

July 19, 2026
FTS: Concerns Over Kogi ‘Budget Paradox’ Amid Rising Enviromental, Social Risks
Education

Abduction: NECO Denies Operating ‘Miracle Centre’ In Kogi

July 17, 2026
Tinubu’s Government Orders Sale Of IBEDC, 4 Other Discos Within 90 Days
Education

FG Suspends Planned Increase In WAEC, NECO Fees, In Response To Public Criticism

July 13, 2026
Next Post

World Robot Olympiad Expands in Africa, Empowering Youth Through Robotics and Innovation

Rwanda Highlights Potential for Migration to Drive Jobs, Skills and Regional Growth: IOM Chief

August 21, 2026
UK Finance Minister Says Govt To Cut Cost By 15%

Democratic California State Legislator Wahab Wins US House Of Representatives Seat

August 21, 2026
FG considers foreign exchange reforms as dollar shortages bite

Dollar Wobbles As Investors Balk At US Treasury’s Rescue Efforts

August 21, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version