• Contact Us
  • About Us
Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Security

Amid Mass Insurgents’ Surrender Claims, Landmine Deaths Resurge In Northeast, Nigeria 

metro by metro
April 13, 2025
in Security
0
Amid Mass Insurgents’ Surrender Claims, Landmine Deaths Resurge In Northeast, Nigeria 
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS

 

At least eight people were killed after a bus travelling along the Maiduguri-Damboa road in Nigeria’s northeast Borno state on Saturday detonated a landmine, security sources and travellers said.

Read Also

At Least 25 killed In Attack On Nigeria’s Plateau Amid Reprisal Fears

SEC Directs Capital Market Operators To Sign Up For NigSac Alerts System Amid Terrorism Financing Crackdown

Israel Rejects Trump’s 15-point Plan For Gaza

This is despite claims by the authorities that insurgency has been curtailed while lamdmine menace has been reduced considerably

Landmines are common in the northeast region where the Islamist group Boko Haram frequently launches attacks on security facilities and civilian communities, and has kidnapped hundreds of school children in the past.

According to Reuters, seven other travellers were taken to the intensive care unit of a hospital in the capital Maiduguri, while 14 people sustained minor injuries in the incident, according to Governor Babagana Zulum.

Abor Kachallah, a local vigilante officer, told Reuters on the phone that the incident occurred at about 11:45 a.m.
Usman Idi, a traveller from Damboa town in Borno, also told Reuters on the phone that there was a heavy movement of military personnel towards the scene of the incident shortly after the explosion.

ALSO  READ:Nigerian PhD Student Pleads Guilty To Multiple Fraud In US

“Yes, we saw the vehicle with the remains of the commercial bus that rammed into landmines buried by Boko Haram at Gidan Kaji, some 30 kilometers (19 miles) away from Damboa town,” Idi said.
When contacted, Kenneth Daso, the police spokesperson in the state, said he was “still gathering reports about the incident.”

While visiting the survivors in the hospital, Zulum said the government would foot the bills of those injured. The governor urged the security agencies to intensify efforts in combating insurgency and securing major roads across the state.

Last year, at least seven soldiers were killed after a mine exploded on a highway in the northeastern state.

Previous Post

Nigerian PhD Student Pleads Guilty To Multiple Fraud In US

Next Post

Helicopter In Hudson River Crash Lacked Recorder, NTSB Says

Related Posts

At Least 25 killed In Attack On Nigeria’s Plateau Amid Reprisal Fears
Security

At Least 25 killed In Attack On Nigeria’s Plateau Amid Reprisal Fears

August 18, 2026
Ogiemwonyi, Others Express Concerns Over SEC’s Capital Hike, Say Encourages Survival Of Fittest
Security

SEC Directs Capital Market Operators To Sign Up For NigSac Alerts System Amid Terrorism Financing Crackdown

August 13, 2026
US-Iran Peace Deal Deepens  Divide Between Trump,  Netanyahu 
Security

Israel Rejects Trump’s 15-point Plan For Gaza

August 9, 2026
Kwara State Confirms Release Of 176 Abducted Women, Children After Six Months In Captivity
Security

Kwara State Confirms Release Of 176 Abducted Women, Children After Six Months In Captivity

August 5, 2026
Next Post
Helicopter In Hudson River Crash Lacked Recorder, NTSB Says

Helicopter In Hudson River Crash Lacked Recorder, NTSB Says

Rwanda Highlights Potential for Migration to Drive Jobs, Skills and Regional Growth: IOM Chief

August 21, 2026
UK Finance Minister Says Govt To Cut Cost By 15%

Democratic California State Legislator Wahab Wins US House Of Representatives Seat

August 21, 2026
FG considers foreign exchange reforms as dollar shortages bite

Dollar Wobbles As Investors Balk At US Treasury’s Rescue Efforts

August 21, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version