• Contact Us
  • About Us
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Nigerian Govt Places EndBadGovernance Protest Sponsors On Watchlist

metro by metro
August 6, 2024
in News
0
Ahead Of Agreed Minimum Wage, President Tinubu To Send Bill To NASS, Takeaways From Anniversary Broadcast
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS

 

 

Read Also

2027: Ordinary Nigerians Need To See Measurable Improvement In Their Lives-Kukah

‘We Respect The process’: Oyebamiji Endorses APC Review Of Osun Election Result

U.S. Judge Sets New Deadline For Release Of Records On Allegations Linking Tinubu To Drug Trafficking –Atiku’s US Lobbying Firm

*As Court Extends Order Restricting Protesters in Lagos to Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park, Peace Park

 

The Nigerian Government has placed sponsors of the nationwide #EndBadGovernance protests on a watchlist.

The Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Immigration Services, NIS, Kemi Nandap, made this known at Defence Headquarters on Tuesday in Abuja, where she spoke at a strategic meeting convened by the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Christopher Musa.

She said the persons, who are in the Diaspora, would be arrested immediately they step into the country

DAILY POST reports that the Defence Chief and heads of intelligence and security agencies were in a closed-door meeting with a view to implementing the crackdown order given by President Bola Tinubu.

Fielding questions from newsmen after the meeting, Nandap said, “We have Diaspora sponsors, they are on our watchlist. They are watchlisted, any attempt they make to come into the country, we’ll be notified and they will be picked up and handed to the appropriate authority.”

According to her, the Immigration Service has, in response to the protests, deployed more officers to land borders and airports to ensure effective manning of the country’s entry and exit points.

She stressed that the agency has also stepped up surveillance to prevent foreign intervention in the country.

The Director-General Department of State Services, DSS, Yusuf Bichi, on his part, said the agency had unmasked some sponsors. But he declined giving further information.

Bichi, who was represented at the meeting by the DSS’ spokesman, Peter Afunanya, said some bank accounts had already been blocked.

He added that some of the persons operating the accounts are staying abroad and they were being monitored.

ALSO READ:Fitch Downgrades Dangote Credit Rating, Citing Liquidity Concerns

Court Extends Order Restricting #EndBadGovernance Protesters in Lagos to Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park, Peace Park

Justice Sherifat Sonaike of a Lagos State High Court sitting at Tafawa Balewa Square, has extended the order restricting protesters in Lagos State taking part in the ongoing nationwide protest, to the Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park in Ojota and Peace Park, Ketu area of the state, pending the full compliance with the protocol.

The order was made following an application by the Director, Civil Litigation, Lagos State, Hammed Oyenuga, who informed the court that all the respondents in the suit have been served with court processes, but are yet to respond.

Listed in the application as co-defendants are Adamma Ukpabi and Tosin Harsogba (for Active Citizens Group); Comrade Juwon Sanyaolu and Hassan Soweto (for Take it Back Movement); Persons unknown and Commissioner of Police, Lagos State.

The court had on July 30, 2024 granted “An Order of Pre-emptive Remedy by way of interim injunction is hereby granted restraining the 1st to 5th Defendants/Respondents whether by themselves, their agents, privies, servants or any other person(s) acting through them from converging and carrying out their proposed peaceful public protest, rallies, procession and meetings in Lagos State from the 1-10” August 1-10, 2024 excerpt in the approved designated location for peaceful public protest, rallies and meetings, to wit: Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park, Ikorodu Road, Ojota, Lagos State and Peace Park Ketu Lagos from 8 .00 am to 6pm pending compliance with the pre-action protocol by the Claimant.

 

 

 

 

Previous Post

Fitch Downgrades Dangote Credit Rating, Citing Liquidity Concerns

Next Post

Police, Military Didn’t Fire Live Ammunition During #EndBadGovernance Protests- IG

Related Posts

Nigerians More Vulnerable Now Than When You Came, Kukah Tells Buhari  
News

2027: Ordinary Nigerians Need To See Measurable Improvement In Their Lives-Kukah

August 18, 2026
‘We Respect The process’: Oyebamiji Endorses APC Review Of Osun Election Result
News

‘We Respect The process’: Oyebamiji Endorses APC Review Of Osun Election Result

August 18, 2026
FG Intensifies Moves To Avert Looming Inflation Protests Amid Hide & Seek Game In Week Of Decision
News

U.S. Judge Sets New Deadline For Release Of Records On Allegations Linking Tinubu To Drug Trafficking –Atiku’s US Lobbying Firm

August 18, 2026
UK Commends Resilience, patience Demonstrated By Voters During Osun Election Urges Nigeria To Apply Lessons To 2027 poll
News

UK Commends Resilience, patience Demonstrated By Voters During Osun Election Urges Nigeria To Apply Lessons To 2027 poll

August 17, 2026
Next Post
Police, Military Didn’t Fire Live Ammunition During #EndBadGovernance Protests- IG

Police, Military Didn't Fire Live Ammunition During #EndBadGovernance Protests- IG

At Least 25 killed In Attack On Nigeria’s Plateau Amid Reprisal Fears

At Least 25 killed In Attack On Nigeria’s Plateau Amid Reprisal Fears

August 18, 2026
US Excludes Nigeria, 17 Other Countries From 2025 Visa Lottery Scheme

US Lifts Security Restrictions On Ships From Nigeria After 12 Years

August 18, 2026
Nigerians More Vulnerable Now Than When You Came, Kukah Tells Buhari  

2027: Ordinary Nigerians Need To See Measurable Improvement In Their Lives-Kukah

August 18, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version