• Contact Us
  • About Us
Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

#EndSARS: Company Explains Why Billboard Was Turned Off At Lekki Toll Gate

metro by metro
August 14, 2021
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS

Loatsad Promo-media Ltd, the company that manages the billboard advertising at the Lekki Toll gate concluded its testimony on Saturday before the Lagos State Judicial Panel on restitution for victims of SARS related abuses and other matters.

Read Also

Democratic California State Legislator Wahab Wins US House Of Representatives Seat

Bessent Says US To Impose ‘Toughest’ Ever Sanctions On Iran, Urges China To Cooperate

At least 50 killed, Mostly Children, As Overloaded Boat Capsizes In Sokoto, Nigeria’s Northwest

Last week, the Company Secretary, Abimbola Eniola appeared before the panel in response to a summons issued on it to come and assist with the investigations into the incident of Oct 20, 2020.

Under cross examination on Saturday by Adesina Ogunlana, counsel to some of the #EndSars Protesters, Mr Eniola said the billboard at the Lekki toll gate does not serve the purpose of illuminating the toll-grounds.

The witness was answering questions as to who gave the order for the billboard to be turned off.

The advert company had come under criticism on social media for turning off the billboard and throwing the Lekki toll gate into darkness which allegedly provided cover for Soldiers to open fire on the #EndSars protesters on the night of Oct 20, 2020.

Counsel to some of the protesters, Mr Ogunlana specifically asked the witness, “Who gave the order to switch off the billboard?”

In his response, Mr Eniola said, it was the head of Human Resources, Chisa Olabode via the workers’ Whatsapp group chat who gave the directive to turn off the billboard following the state wide curfew announced by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

He said that after the HR circulated, on the WhatsApp group, the notice of curfew imposed by the state government, the billboards were shut off as members of staff vacated the office by 3pm in order to get home before the initial 4pm announced for the curfew.

A second witness, Serah Ibrahim, who had testified that at least 12 people were killed at the Lekki tollgate failed to appear before the panel today on account of ill-health.

A third witness, Dr Ayobami Aranmolate of Grandville Medical Centre, told the panel that the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria was not happy that he had divulged certain confidential records of patients at his last testimony.

He pleaded with the panel to order the television cameras to be turned off before he could give his testimony. The panel obliged his request and ordered that his testimony not be recorded.

Previous Post

UNICEF Condemns ‘Unacceptable’ Deaths Of Children In Borno

Next Post

Nigerians In UAE Lament Inability To Renew Labour Visa, Demand Government’s Intervention

Related Posts

UK Finance Minister Says Govt To Cut Cost By 15%
News

Democratic California State Legislator Wahab Wins US House Of Representatives Seat

August 21, 2026
US Excludes Nigeria, 17 Other Countries From 2025 Visa Lottery Scheme
News

Bessent Says US To Impose ‘Toughest’ Ever Sanctions On Iran, Urges China To Cooperate

August 21, 2026
At least 50 killed, Mostly Children, As Overloaded Boat Capsizes In Sokoto, Nigeria’s Northwest
News

At least 50 killed, Mostly Children, As Overloaded Boat Capsizes In Sokoto, Nigeria’s Northwest

August 21, 2026
Nigerians More Vulnerable Now Than When You Came, Kukah Tells Buhari  
News

2027: Ordinary Nigerians Need To See Measurable Improvement In Their Lives-Kukah

August 18, 2026
Next Post

Nigerians In UAE Lament Inability To Renew Labour Visa, Demand Government's Intervention

Rwanda Highlights Potential for Migration to Drive Jobs, Skills and Regional Growth: IOM Chief

August 21, 2026
UK Finance Minister Says Govt To Cut Cost By 15%

Democratic California State Legislator Wahab Wins US House Of Representatives Seat

August 21, 2026
FG considers foreign exchange reforms as dollar shortages bite

Dollar Wobbles As Investors Balk At US Treasury’s Rescue Efforts

August 21, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version