• Contact Us
  • About Us
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

FG Attacks UK Over Asylum Proposal For IPOB, MASSOB Members, Says It Undermines Security

metro by metro
April 20, 2021
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS

Read Also

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

Trump Administration Moves To End Housing Assistance For Mixed Immigration Families 

Explainer: What Is Trump’s ‘Board Of Peace,  How Have Nations Responded To It?

The Nigerian government has condemned the decision of the United Kingdom to grant asylum to “persecuted” members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra.
Information Minister, Lai Mohammed, called it a disrespect to Nigeria, sabotage on the fight against terrorism and an undermining of Nigeria’s security.

Mohammed spoke at News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) interview program, NANForum, on Tuesday.

He said the issue is within the purview of the Foreign Affairs Minister whom he believes will handle it appropriately.

“As the spokesman for the Federal Government of Nigeria, I will say that if indeed the report that the UK will grant asylum to supposedly persecuted IPOB and MASSOB members is true, then something is wrong somewhere.

“Against the background of the fact that IPOB is not only proscribed but also designated as a terrorist organisation here in Nigeria, the UK’s decision is disrespectful of Nigeria as a nation.
“The decision amounts to sabotaging the fight against terrorism and generally undermining Nigeria’s security. It is not only unconscionable, it is inexplicable,’’ he said.

Mohammed cited the heightened attacks against security agencies in the South East Zone.
The minister said IPOB had been indicted as being the masterminds.
Nigeria said for the UK to choose this time to give succour to IPOB beggars belief and calls to question the UK’s real intention.
“If we could go down the memory lane, what the UK has done is like Nigeria offering asylum to members of the IRA before the 1998 Good Friday Peace Agreement,’’ he said.
The UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) released new guidelines to its decision-makers on how to consider and grant asylum applications by members of Biafran secessionist groups.
Asylum is to be granted to “persecuted” members IPOB and MASSOB.

Previous Post

Senate Investigates CCT Chairman Over Assault Allegation 

Next Post

UN chief deeply saddened by death of Chadian President Idriss Déby

Related Posts

Trump
News

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

February 21, 2026
Nigerians Overstaying Visa Risk Serious Sanctions, US Warns, Says “No Honest Mistakes”
News

Trump Administration Moves To End Housing Assistance For Mixed Immigration Families 

February 20, 2026
Nigerians Overstaying Visa Risk Serious Sanctions, US Warns, Says “No Honest Mistakes”
News

Explainer: What Is Trump’s ‘Board Of Peace,  How Have Nations Responded To It?

February 19, 2026
Tinubu’s Government Orders Sale Of IBEDC, 4 Other Discos Within 90 Days
News

Governors,  2027 Elections Under Scrutiny As President Directs Oil, Gas Revenues To Federation Account In Sweeping Reforms 

February 19, 2026
Next Post

UN chief deeply saddened by death of Chadian President Idriss Déby

Trump

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

February 21, 2026
US Labor Secretary’s Husband Barred From Department Over Sexual Assault Allegations, NYT Reports

US Labor Secretary’s Husband Barred From Department Over Sexual Assault Allegations, NYT Reports

February 20, 2026
Nigerians Overstaying Visa Risk Serious Sanctions, US Warns, Says “No Honest Mistakes”

Trump Administration Moves To End Housing Assistance For Mixed Immigration Families 

February 20, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version