• Contact Us
  • About Us
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Troops clear Boko Haram insurgents in northern Borno

metro by metro
January 10, 2019
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Nigerian Army
Nigerian Army

The Nigerian Army on Thursday said its troops successfully cleared communities in northern Borno of elements of the Boko Haram insurgents in the ongoing clearance operation.

A statement by Brig.-Gen. Sani Kukasheka, the Director, Army Public Relations, disclosed that troops of the 707 Special Forces Brigade dealt a decisive blow to the Boko Haram insurgents’ faction of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP).

Read Also

Protests Erupt Over Kenya Fuel Price Hikes, Strike Strands Commuters 

PDP Screens Jonathan Tuesday As Sole Presidential Aspirant For 2027 Race

Court Grants El-Rufai ₦100 Million Bail

Kukasheka disclosed that the gallant troops neutralized several of the insurgents who had earlier attacked troops’ location in Baga.

He added that the troops, which began operation on Dec. 28, 2018, successfully cleared Zare; Gudumbali, Kukawa and Cross Kauwa without resistance from suspected terrorists.

“In the determined efforts to wipe out remnants of Boko Haram terrorists that now goes by the appellation of Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP), the gallant troops of the newly formed Nigerian Army Special Forces Command (NASFC), Operation LAFIYA DOLE, have given the terrorists that attacked troops location in Baga a bloody nose.

“The triumphant troops; particularly the highly revered 707 Special Forces Brigade, which is the vanguard of the great exploit, dealt the decisive blow that neutralized several terrorists along that axis despite prior warning to them by some unpatriotic elements.

“The Special Forces commenced clearance operations on 28th December, 2018; where they cleared Zare, Gudumbali, Kukawa and Cross Kauwa without any resistance from suspected terrorists.

“However, at Cross Kauwa, the unfortunate ISWAP terrorists made a costly mistake of raising their ugly heads. In professional fashion the troops exploited the situation, decisively neutralized the insurgents and captured some equipment.

“Though some of the terrorists attempted to infiltrate troops’ camp at Monguno, the gallant troops lured them, neutralized many of them and recovered some arms and ammunition”.

Kukasheka added that the troops who were in high spirit had linked up with other forces in Baga where they cleared the Naval Base and the surrounding areas.

The army spokesperson revealed that the Special Forces lost one officer and a soldier, while 5 others sustained injuries, adding that the remains of the two fallen heroes and the wounded had been evacuated.

He noted that the troops were now consolidating and clearing vestiges of the terrorists within the northern Borno and Lake Chad region.

According to him, the Special Forces attains great feat in close operational synergy with Air Task Force of the Nigerian Air Force and Nigerian Navy Special Forces.

Tags: Troops clear Boko Haram
Previous Post

N100b Sukuk proceeds to construct 642.69km roads

Next Post

Dangote retains Africa’s Richest Man title

Related Posts

BREAKING NEWS: Kenya Supreme Court Upholds Presidential Election Results Declaring Ruto As President Elect, Says No Evidence-50% Plus-One Threshold Not Met
News

Protests Erupt Over Kenya Fuel Price Hikes, Strike Strands Commuters 

May 18, 2026
GEJ Hints At Joining 2027 Presidential Race, Says Consulting
News

PDP Screens Jonathan Tuesday As Sole Presidential Aspirant For 2027 Race

May 18, 2026
Court Grants El-Rufai ₦100 Million Bail
News

Court Grants El-Rufai ₦100 Million Bail

May 18, 2026
Iran War Looms Over Trump’s China Visit, Shifts Alliances 
News

Iran War Looms Over Trump’s China Visit, Shifts Alliances 

May 14, 2026
Next Post
Dangote

Dangote retains Africa’s Richest Man title

Oil Stocks Declining ‘Very Fast’, IEA Chief Warns

Oil Stocks Declining ‘Very Fast’, IEA Chief Warns

May 18, 2026

NGX Advances Investor Education Drive With Digital Retail Engagement Initiative

May 18, 2026

Teresa Clarke, Chair and CEO of Africa.com, to Receive South Africa’s Order of the Companions of O.R. Tambo

May 18, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version