• Contact Us
  • About Us
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Alleged workers’ sack: Unions to shut down MMA2 Oct. 10

metro by metro
October 9, 2018
in News
0
MMA
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS

MMAThe unions in the aviation sector have threatened to shut down operations at the Murtala Muhammed Airport 2 (MMA2), Lagos on Oct. 10, over alleged sack of 20 employees who indicated interest to unionise.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the unions had in a Notice of Strike obtained by NAN on Tuesday threatened to disrupt operations at the terminal operated by Bi-Courtney Aviation Services Limited (BASL).

Read Also

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

Trump Administration Moves To End Housing Assistance For Mixed Immigration Families 

Explainer: What Is Trump’s ‘Board Of Peace,  How Have Nations Responded To It?

The unions are; The National Union of Air Transport Employees (NUATE) and Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (ATSSSAN) and the National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers (NAAPE).

The notice of strike dated Oct. 5, was jointly signed by the General Secretary of NUATE, Mr Olayinka Abioye, General Secretary, ATSSSAN, Mr Frances Akinjole and General Secretary, NAAPE, Mr Ocheme Aba.

The unions said they were compelled to issue the notice following the refusal of the BASL management to cooperate with the interventions of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and airport security agencies.

The unions said all services to MMA2 would be withdrawn effective Oct. 10, unless the management fully reinstate all the affected workers without loss of pay or seniority.

They also advised the management to recognise the unions and allow the unhindered processes of unionisation in BASL in compliance with extant labour laws.

“By this notice, all aviation workers connected with MMA2, including the employees of BASL, are hereby directed to withdraw their services as above notified and join other members in the organised protest activities at the terminal on that date as from 6a.m.

“By this notice also, all business enterprises, including airlines are hereby advised to note this development and make alternative arrangements as may be feasible.

“In similar manner, the traveling public are equally advised to seek alternative traveling points, or dates,” the unions said.

The unions, while apologising for any inconvenience caused by the disruption, vowed to continue the protest until BASL accede to their demands.

NAN reports that the unions and BASL had been at loggerheads since May when the workers were laid off.

The spokesperson for BASL, Mr Steve Omolale, had said contrary to the claims of the unions, these workers who were relieved of their appointment were staff, who had either attained retirement age or who were found not to be diligent in their duties.

Tags: Murtala Muhammed Airport
Previous Post

IMF lowers South Africa’s economic growth forecasts, urges reforms

Next Post

NSE market indicators drop marginally by 0.08%

Related Posts

Trump
News

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

February 21, 2026
Nigerians Overstaying Visa Risk Serious Sanctions, US Warns, Says “No Honest Mistakes”
News

Trump Administration Moves To End Housing Assistance For Mixed Immigration Families 

February 20, 2026
Nigerians Overstaying Visa Risk Serious Sanctions, US Warns, Says “No Honest Mistakes”
News

Explainer: What Is Trump’s ‘Board Of Peace,  How Have Nations Responded To It?

February 19, 2026
Tinubu’s Government Orders Sale Of IBEDC, 4 Other Discos Within 90 Days
News

Governors,  2027 Elections Under Scrutiny As President Directs Oil, Gas Revenues To Federation Account In Sweeping Reforms 

February 19, 2026
Next Post

NSE market indicators drop marginally by 0.08%

Trump

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

February 21, 2026
US Labor Secretary’s Husband Barred From Department Over Sexual Assault Allegations, NYT Reports

US Labor Secretary’s Husband Barred From Department Over Sexual Assault Allegations, NYT Reports

February 20, 2026
Nigerians Overstaying Visa Risk Serious Sanctions, US Warns, Says “No Honest Mistakes”

Trump Administration Moves To End Housing Assistance For Mixed Immigration Families 

February 20, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version