• Contact Us
  • About Us
Sunday, August 16, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Court to decide Olisa Metuh’s fate July 11

metro by metro
May 31, 2018
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Olisa Metuh
Olisa Metuh

An FCT High Court, Maitama, on Thursday fixed July 11 for ruling on the no-case submission filed by Olisa Metuh, a former PDP spokesman, accused of destruction of evidence.

Mr Metuh was arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in January 2015 on a two-count charge bordering on alleged destruction of evidence.

Read Also

Erling Haaland Stickers Found On Cocaine Haul Seized By Ecuador Police

Two Soldiers Killed After Army Apache Helicopter Crashed In Texas

Again, Adeleke Accuses Oyetola Of Using Federal Might To Intimidate Osun Voters

The case which was before Justice Ishaq Bello, was adjourned until July 11, with consent of counsel as the court did not sit.

The case was earlier adjourned to May 31, for ruling on the no- case submission.

Mr Metuh’s counsel, Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), had on October 10, 2017, told the court that they would enter a no-case submission at the close of the prosecution’s case.

Arguing the no-case submission, Mr Ikpeazu had told the court that the prosecution had not established any case to warrant the defendant to be called to enter his defence.

He said that the application was in pursuant to the provisions of Sections 302 and 357 of ACJA.

The counsel added that the defendant had a constitutional liberty and could not be prosecuted where he either refused to make a statement or withdraw any part of his writing in the course of making a statement.

Mr Ikpeazu said that the defendant also had a right to cancel any part of his statement voluntarily.

He reminded the court that the charge by EFCC was that Metuh destroyed his statement and obstructed EFCC officials by willfully tearing his statement.

Mr Ikpeazu argued that a piece of paper not signed did not qualify as a statement by the defendant, and urged the court to discharge and acquit the defendant.

However, the prosecuting counsel, Sylvanus Tahir, urged the court to establish whether or not a prima facie case had been made against the defendant

Mr Tahir added that cancellation was different from tearing which was obstruction, and prayed the court to call upon the defendant to enter his defence.

(NAN )

Tags: EFCCOlisa Metuh
Previous Post

Traffickers plot to sell Nigerians for sex at Russia’s World Cup

Next Post

Senate rejects Buharis’s CBN nominee, confirms four others

Related Posts

Erling Haaland Stickers Found On Cocaine Haul Seized By Ecuador Police
News

Erling Haaland Stickers Found On Cocaine Haul Seized By Ecuador Police

August 13, 2026
Two Soldiers Killed After Army Apache Helicopter Crashed In Texas
Breaking

Two Soldiers Killed After Army Apache Helicopter Crashed In Texas

August 13, 2026
Again, Adeleke Accuses Oyetola Of Using Federal Might To Intimidate Osun Voters
News

Again, Adeleke Accuses Oyetola Of Using Federal Might To Intimidate Osun Voters

August 11, 2026
Fresh Economic shutdown As NLC, TUC Declare Nationwide Strike
News

TUC Backs Aviation Strike, Demands Action On Insecurity, Economy

August 11, 2026
Next Post
Senate

Senate rejects Buharis’s CBN nominee, confirms four others

ICPC Arrests NSCDC Deputy Commaandant Over Alleged N3bn Fraud

ICPC Uncovers N24bn Ghost Workers Scandal, Official Puts 14 Family Members On Government Payroll

August 13, 2026

Cholera spreads across borders in West and Central Africa

August 13, 2026
Erling Haaland Stickers Found On Cocaine Haul Seized By Ecuador Police

Erling Haaland Stickers Found On Cocaine Haul Seized By Ecuador Police

August 13, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version