• Contact Us
  • About Us
Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Boko Haram video purportedly shows some kidnapped Chibok girls

metro by metro
January 15, 2018
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Nigeria releases Boko Haram suspects to get Chibok girls

Militant Islamist group Boko Haram released a video on Monday purportedly showing some of the remaining girls who were kidnapped from the northeast Nigerian town of Chibok in 2014.

Of the some 270 girls who were originally abducted from their school, about 60 escaped soon afterwards and others have since been released after mediation. Around 100 are still believed to be in captivity.

Read Also

Democratic California State Legislator Wahab Wins US House Of Representatives Seat

Bessent Says US To Impose ‘Toughest’ Ever Sanctions On Iran, Urges China To Cooperate

At least 50 killed, Mostly Children, As Overloaded Boat Capsizes In Sokoto, Nigeria’s Northwest

A group of about 12 girls, some of whom are carrying babies, are seen in the 21-minute video.

“We are the Chibok girls. We are the ones you are crying about for us to come back. By the grace of Allah, we are never coming back,” said one of the girls. Reuters was unable to independently verify the claim that the girls were among those kidnapped in Chibok.

Abubakar Shekau – the leader of one of the group’s factions – also appears in the video, which was obtained by a U.S.-based journalism website, Sahara Reporters.

Last May, Boko Haram exchanged 82 of the girls after mediation, involving a payment to the insurgents and the release of some of the group’s imprisoned senior members. Prior to that, 24 had been released or found in 2016.

Boko Haram has killed more than 20,000 people and forced two million others to flee their homes in an insurgency that began in 2009 aimed at creating an Islamic caliphate. Aid groups say the militants have kidnapped thousands of adults and children, many of whose cases are neglected.

Tags: boko haram
Previous Post

NNPC cancels 1.55 mln tonne tender to buy gasoline – sources

Next Post

Samsung aims to double Africa’s share of its revenues in five years

Related Posts

UK Finance Minister Says Govt To Cut Cost By 15%
News

Democratic California State Legislator Wahab Wins US House Of Representatives Seat

August 21, 2026
US Excludes Nigeria, 17 Other Countries From 2025 Visa Lottery Scheme
News

Bessent Says US To Impose ‘Toughest’ Ever Sanctions On Iran, Urges China To Cooperate

August 21, 2026
At least 50 killed, Mostly Children, As Overloaded Boat Capsizes In Sokoto, Nigeria’s Northwest
News

At least 50 killed, Mostly Children, As Overloaded Boat Capsizes In Sokoto, Nigeria’s Northwest

August 21, 2026
Nigerians More Vulnerable Now Than When You Came, Kukah Tells Buhari  
News

2027: Ordinary Nigerians Need To See Measurable Improvement In Their Lives-Kukah

August 18, 2026
Next Post

Samsung aims to double Africa's share of its revenues in five years

Rwanda Highlights Potential for Migration to Drive Jobs, Skills and Regional Growth: IOM Chief

August 21, 2026
UK Finance Minister Says Govt To Cut Cost By 15%

Democratic California State Legislator Wahab Wins US House Of Representatives Seat

August 21, 2026
FG considers foreign exchange reforms as dollar shortages bite

Dollar Wobbles As Investors Balk At US Treasury’s Rescue Efforts

August 21, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version