• Contact Us
  • About Us
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Economy

FG begins N5K monthly payment to 1million poor Nigerians

metro by metro
January 3, 2017
in Economy
0
Muhammadu Buhari
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS

One million most vulnerable Nigerians will be rewarded with a N5,000 monthly stipend through the Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) of its Social Investment Programmes (SIP).

In a report by Tribune Newspaper, the Presidency announced that the Federal Government has begun the payment.

Laolu Akande, the Senior Special Assistant on Media and publicity to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo disclosed that the implementation of the programme was part of the Muhammadu Buhari administration’s determined efforts to touch the lives of Nigerians positively.

Read Also

Nigeria’s Inflation Falls To 15.43 As Worries On Food Prices Remain

ICPC Uncovers N24bn Ghost Workers Scandal, Official Puts 14 Family Members On Government Payroll

ECOWAS Targets $294bn Climate Finance Gap, Moves To Unlock West Africa’s Carbon Market

 “Funds for the commencement of the payments in four states were released last week to the Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) – the platform that hosts and validates payments for all government’s social intervention programmes. Funds for another set of five states to complete the first batch of nine states would follow soon,” he revealed.

The statement said beneficiaries in Borno, Kwara and Bauchi states have started receiving the money under the first batch, which also includes Cross Rivers, Niger, Kogi, Oyo, Ogun and Ekiti states.

The nine pilot states were reportedly chosen because they have existing social registers that successfully identified the most vulnerable and poorest Nigerians through a tried and tested community based targeting (CBT) method working with the World Bank.

“Those states are featured in the first batch, with the added inclusion of Borno State where a validated list of IDPS was compiled in addition to the Social Register, which is expected to go round the country.

“Working with the World Bank, the CBT process has now been adopted for developing the Social Register in the other states around the country, for transparency, objectivity and credibility in the selection of the poorest and most vulnerable beneficiaries for the programme,” the statement read.

The statement, also revealed that the sequence for the payment of the money would be operationally managed by NIBSS.

Previous Post

ACP commits suicide in Edo

Next Post

Economist list factors that will pull Nigeria out of recession in 2017

Related Posts

More Nigerians Go Hungry As Food Prices Soar beyond Average Consumers
Economy

Nigeria’s Inflation Falls To 15.43 As Worries On Food Prices Remain

August 17, 2026
ICPC Arrests NSCDC Deputy Commaandant Over Alleged N3bn Fraud
Economy

ICPC Uncovers N24bn Ghost Workers Scandal, Official Puts 14 Family Members On Government Payroll

August 13, 2026
Leadership Deficit And Political Crises Rocking ECOWAS Region
Economy

ECOWAS Targets $294bn Climate Finance Gap, Moves To Unlock West Africa’s Carbon Market

August 12, 2026
Debt Crisis Hits New Highs In Developing Nations, Relief Deal Needed, Says UN
Economy

Amid Rising Revenue FCT, Lagos, Rivers Aaccount For 43% Of Nigeria’s N4.52trn States’ Debt

August 10, 2026
Next Post
oil

Economist list factors that will pull Nigeria out of recession in 2017

UK Commends Resilience, patience Demonstrated By Voters During Osun Election Urges Nigeria To Apply Lessons To 2027 poll

UK Commends Resilience, patience Demonstrated By Voters During Osun Election Urges Nigeria To Apply Lessons To 2027 poll

August 17, 2026
US, Iran Envoys Head For Talks, Israeli Strikes Continue After Ceasefire

Iran Threatens To Go On Offensive In Strait Of Hormuz If Diplomacy With US Fails

August 17, 2026
Oil Stocks Declining ‘Very Fast’, IEA Chief Warns

Oil Rises on Iran War Stalemate; Near-term Potential For Further Gains Seen Limited

August 17, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version