• Contact Us
  • About Us
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Court orders, Senator Abaribe, others to explain Kanu’s whereabouts

metro by metro
October 17, 2017
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS

Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday ordered Senator Eyninnaya Abaribe, and two others standing as sureties for the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, to explain the IPOB leader’s whereabouts.

Kanu who was granted bail by the judge on April 24, 2017, was absent from court on Tuesday when his trial was billed to commence.

Read Also

2027: Ordinary Nigerians Need To See Measurable Improvement In Their Lives-Kukah

‘We Respect The process’: Oyebamiji Endorses APC Review Of Osun Election Result

U.S. Judge Sets New Deadline For Release Of Records On Allegations Linking Tinubu To Drug Trafficking –Atiku’s US Lobbying Firm

But his three co-defendants were produced in court by prison officials.

Kanu’s lawyer, Mr. Ifeanyi Ejiofor, told the judge that Kanu had been missing after soldiers allegedly invaded the IPOB leader’s home‎ on September 14, 2017, adding that the Nigerian Army was in the best position to produce the defendant.

A lawyer, Mr. Ogechi Ogunna, appeared for Abaribe on Tuesday, informing the judge ‎that his client had filed a motion seeking to be discharged as Kanu’s surety.

‎The two other sureties, Immanuel Shalum Okabenmabu and Tochukwu Uchendu, were absent from court and not represented by any lawyer on Tuesday.

‎But Justice Nyako said Abaribe’s motion could not be heard until Kanu was produced in court.

The judge gave the senator three options.

One of the options was for Abaribe to produce the defendant in court and then apply to be discharged as a surety.

The other option the judge gave was for Abaribe to be ready to forfeit his N100m bail bond.

The third option ‎was for Abaribe to request to be given time to produce the defendant in court.

But Ogunna replied saying, “he (Abaribe) is not in a position to do any of these.”

However the judge insisted tha‎t Abaribe must opt for one of the three options.

With the judge’s insistence, Ogunna opted to be given time to produce him.

The two other sureties were not represented I court on Tuesday.

Earlier, prosecuting counsel, Mr. Shuaibu Labaran, noting that Kanu was not present in court, urged the judge to revoke defendant’s bail, order for his arrest, and direct the defendants’ three sureties “to show cause why the bail bond of N100m entered into by each shall not be forfeited or they be committed to prison.”

The trial was been adjourned until November 20.

Tags: Kanu
Previous Post

LASUTH to commence full cardiac surgery — CMD

Next Post

FG Seeks Revocation Of Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail

Related Posts

Nigerians More Vulnerable Now Than When You Came, Kukah Tells Buhari  
News

2027: Ordinary Nigerians Need To See Measurable Improvement In Their Lives-Kukah

August 18, 2026
‘We Respect The process’: Oyebamiji Endorses APC Review Of Osun Election Result
News

‘We Respect The process’: Oyebamiji Endorses APC Review Of Osun Election Result

August 18, 2026
FG Intensifies Moves To Avert Looming Inflation Protests Amid Hide & Seek Game In Week Of Decision
News

U.S. Judge Sets New Deadline For Release Of Records On Allegations Linking Tinubu To Drug Trafficking –Atiku’s US Lobbying Firm

August 18, 2026
UK Commends Resilience, patience Demonstrated By Voters During Osun Election Urges Nigeria To Apply Lessons To 2027 poll
News

UK Commends Resilience, patience Demonstrated By Voters During Osun Election Urges Nigeria To Apply Lessons To 2027 poll

August 17, 2026
Next Post

FG Seeks Revocation Of Nnamdi Kanu's Bail

At Least 25 killed In Attack On Nigeria’s Plateau Amid Reprisal Fears

At Least 25 killed In Attack On Nigeria’s Plateau Amid Reprisal Fears

August 18, 2026
US Excludes Nigeria, 17 Other Countries From 2025 Visa Lottery Scheme

US Lifts Security Restrictions On Ships From Nigeria After 12 Years

August 18, 2026
Nigerians More Vulnerable Now Than When You Came, Kukah Tells Buhari  

2027: Ordinary Nigerians Need To See Measurable Improvement In Their Lives-Kukah

August 18, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version