• Contact Us
  • About Us
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Canada Stops Automatic 10-Year Multiple-Entry Visas For Nigerians, Others

metro by metro
November 9, 2024
in News
0
Canada Announces Policy Of Reunification For Study Applicants, Allows Families To Country
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS

 

 

Read Also

New York, Other States Under State Of Emergency As Snow Falls Amid Blizzard Warning

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

Trump Administration Moves To End Housing Assistance For Mixed Immigration Families 

The Canadian government has announced the cancellation of the 10-year multiple-entry visa for Nigerians and citizens of other countries.

The authorities said that the cancellation of 10-year multiple-entry visa is part of the government’s efforts to curb immigration after experiencing a post-COVID population surge.

The multiple-entry visa, before its cancellation, allowed holders to enter and exit Canada as they pleased but an update by the government on Wednesday stated that it was no longer considered the “standard document.”

“Guidance has been updated to indicate that multiple-entry visas issued to maximum validity are no longer considered to be the standard document,” reads a statement by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

“Officers may exercise their judgement in deciding whether to issue a single or multiple-entry visa, and in determining the validity period,” the statement added.

Previously, Canada offered two types of tourist visas: multiple-entry and single-entry. Applicants were generally considered for the multiple-entry visa, which allowed them to visit the country multiple times over a period of up to 10 years or until one month before their passport’s expiration date.

Single-entry visas, issued for specific situations like official visits or participation in single events, were less common.

Now, with the updated guidance, maximum-validity multiple-entry visas will no longer be the standard offering.

ALSO READ:UN Warns Nigeria, Says 33 million Citizens Could Face Acute Food Insecurity By 2025

Immigration officers will exercise their judgement to decide on the appropriate type and duration of the visa, tailoring it to the specific needs and circumstances of the traveller.

The application fee for a Canadian visitor visa remains unchanged at CAD 100 per person, with no difference in cost between single-entry and multiple-entry options.

However, the shift may result in increased application costs for frequent travellers, who might need to apply more often due to shorter-term visas.

The majority of Nigerians had fled the Sub-Saharan nation in light of inflation and rising insecurity to find refuge in Canada who welcomed immigrants to counter a declining population and meet workforce demands.

But the country, now overwhelmed with immigrants, was backpedalling its approach to address the recent influx.

 

Previous Post

UN Warns Nigeria, Says 33 million Citizens Could Face Acute Food Insecurity By 2025

Next Post

NLC Directs Members To Proceed On Strike Over Non-Implementation Of Minimum Wage

Related Posts

New York, Other States Under State Of Emergency As Snow Falls Amid Blizzard Warning
News

New York, Other States Under State Of Emergency As Snow Falls Amid Blizzard Warning

February 22, 2026
Trump
News

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

February 21, 2026
Nigerians Overstaying Visa Risk Serious Sanctions, US Warns, Says “No Honest Mistakes”
News

Trump Administration Moves To End Housing Assistance For Mixed Immigration Families 

February 20, 2026
Nigerians Overstaying Visa Risk Serious Sanctions, US Warns, Says “No Honest Mistakes”
News

Explainer: What Is Trump’s ‘Board Of Peace,  How Have Nations Responded To It?

February 19, 2026
Next Post
Amid Promised ‘Paliatives’ Labour May Still Embark On Wednesday’s Strike

NLC Directs Members To Proceed On Strike Over Non-Implementation Of Minimum Wage

Trump Curious On Iran’s Resilience As Two Longtime Adversaries Meet Thursday For Talks 

Trump Curious On Iran’s Resilience As Two Longtime Adversaries Meet Thursday For Talks 

February 22, 2026
New York, Other States Under State Of Emergency As Snow Falls Amid Blizzard Warning

New York, Other States Under State Of Emergency As Snow Falls Amid Blizzard Warning

February 22, 2026
Trump

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

February 21, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version