• Contact Us
  • About Us
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

NLC Responds To Tinubu’s Claim On Minimum Wage, Insists No Agreement By Tripartite Committee

metro by metro
June 12, 2024
in News
0
Fresh Economic shutdown As NLC, TUC Declare Nationwide Strike
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS

 

 

Read Also

Jesse Jackson, Civil Rights Leader, US Presidential Hopeful, Dies At 84

Nigeria Leads Charge On Global Tax, Monetary Reform, Others As G-24 Holds Technical Group Meeting In Abuja

US House Passes Bill To Require Proof Of US citizenship For Midterm Voters

The organised Labour has reacted to claims by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu that an agreement has been reached on new national minimum wage in his nationwide broadcast to mark Democracy Day.

In his national broadcast to mark the 2024 Democracy Day in Abuja on Wednesday, Tinubu claimed that a consensus had been reached on the long-debated new minimum wage between the Federal Government and organised labour.

Tinubu revealed that an executive bill will soon be sent to the National Assembly to formalise the new minimum wage agreement.

However, in a statement on Wednesday, the acting President of Nigeria Labour Congress, Prince Adewale Adeyanju, said there was no agreement reached by the Tripartite Committee on the National Minimum Wage at the time negotiations ended on Friday, June 7, 2024.

Adeyanju stated that rather, two figures such as N250,000 from Organised Labour and N62,000 from the government and Organised Private Sector, were arrived at and ought to have been submitted to the President.

ALSO READ:Ahead Of Agreed Minimum Wage, President Tinubu To Send Bill To NASS, Takeaways From Anniversary Broadcast

The labour leader asserted that anything to the contrary was not only doctored but won’t be accepted by Labour.
The statement reads, “The NLC would have expected that the advisers of the President would have told him that we neither reached any agreement with the federal government and the employers on the base figure for a National Minimum Wage nor on its other components.

“Our demand still remains N250,000, (two hundred and fifty thousand Naira) only and we have not been given any compelling reasons to change this position which we consider a great concession by Nigerian workers during the tripartite negotiation process.
“We are therefore surprised at the submission of Mr. President over a supposed agreement. We believe that he may have been misled into believing that there was an agreement with the NLC and TUC. There was none and it is important that we let the President, Nigerians and other national stakeholders understand this immediately to avoid a mix-up in the ongoing conversation around the national minimum wage.”

 

Previous Post

Ahead Of Agreed Minimum Wage, President Tinubu To Send Bill To NASS, Takeaways From Anniversary Broadcast

Next Post

Nigerian Banks Adopt Survival Strategies Amid Growing Uncertainty

Related Posts

Jesse Jackson, Civil Rights Leader, US Presidential Hopeful, Dies At 84
News

Jesse Jackson, Civil Rights Leader, US Presidential Hopeful, Dies At 84

February 17, 2026
Nigeria Leads Charge On Global Tax, Monetary Reform, Others As G-24 Holds Technical Group Meeting In Abuja
News

Nigeria Leads Charge On Global Tax, Monetary Reform, Others As G-24 Holds Technical Group Meeting In Abuja

February 15, 2026
News

US House Passes Bill To Require Proof Of US citizenship For Midterm Voters

February 12, 2026
No Defection Talks With APC, Kwankwaso Camp Insists
News

NNPP  Rejects US’ Move To Blacklist Kwankwaso, Alleges Hypocrisy 

February 12, 2026
Next Post
Banks’ Profit Margin May Shrink As FG Lures Retail Investors With Attractive Savings Bond

Nigerian Banks Adopt Survival Strategies Amid Growing Uncertainty

Jesse Jackson, Civil Rights Leader, US Presidential Hopeful, Dies At 84

Jesse Jackson, Civil Rights Leader, US Presidential Hopeful, Dies At 84

February 17, 2026
DOBA (Lagos chapter) Secretary General Gives Out Daughter In Marriage In Lagos. 

DOBA (Lagos chapter) Secretary General Gives Out Daughter In Marriage In Lagos.

February 17, 2026
DOBA (Lagos chapter) Secretary General Gives Out Daughter In Marriage In Lagos. 

DOBA (Lagos chapter) Secretary General Gives Out Daughter In Marriage In Lagos.

February 17, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version