• Contact Us
  • About Us
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Governors Given 7-Day Ultimatum To Disclose Spending Details Of Tinubu’s N2bn Palliatives

metro by metro
September 10, 2023
in News
0
Governors Given 7-Day Ultimatum To Disclose Spending Details Of Tinubu’s N2bn Palliatives
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS

 

 

Read Also

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

Trump Administration Moves To End Housing Assistance For Mixed Immigration Families 

Explainer: What Is Trump’s ‘Board Of Peace,  How Have Nations Responded To It?

 

Governors of the thirty-six states in Nigeria have been issued a 7-day ultimatum to give details of spending of the N2 billion palliative recently received from the Federal Government or they face legal actions.

In August, the Federal Government announced a N5 billion palliative package for each state of the federation, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), to cushion the effect of the removal of the fuel subsidy.

Last Friday, the Minister of Finance, Wale Edun, said the Federal Government has released only N2 billion from the N5 billion loan it offered to each state as a palliative to cushion the effect of subsidy removal.

However, in a statement on Sunday, September 10, 2023, the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) asked the Nigerian governors to reveal details of the spending of the palliative received from Abuja.

ALSO READ:“This Is Best Time To Invest In  Nigeria” Tony Elumelu Tells Indian Investors

The group’s deputy director, Kolawole Oluwadare, urged the respective states to “disclose details on spending of the N2 billion palliative recently disbursed to each state by the Federal Government, including the names of beneficiaries and details of the reliefs so far provided with the money.”

“It is in the public interest to publish the details on spending of the N2 billion palliative and any subsequent disbursement of funds to your government,” the statement read.

“Nigerians have the right to know how their states are spending the fuel subsidy relief funds. It is part of their legally enforceable human rights.

“We would be grateful if the recommended measures are taken within seven days of the receipt and/or publication of this letter. If we have not heard from you by then, SERAP shall take all appropriate legal actions to compel you and your state to comply with our request in the public interest.”

 

Previous Post

“This Is Best Time To Invest In  Nigeria” Tony Elumelu Tells Indian Investors

Next Post

ATMIS conducts training on human rights for public officers in Jubaland state

Related Posts

Trump
News

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

February 21, 2026
Nigerians Overstaying Visa Risk Serious Sanctions, US Warns, Says “No Honest Mistakes”
News

Trump Administration Moves To End Housing Assistance For Mixed Immigration Families 

February 20, 2026
Nigerians Overstaying Visa Risk Serious Sanctions, US Warns, Says “No Honest Mistakes”
News

Explainer: What Is Trump’s ‘Board Of Peace,  How Have Nations Responded To It?

February 19, 2026
Tinubu’s Government Orders Sale Of IBEDC, 4 Other Discos Within 90 Days
News

Governors,  2027 Elections Under Scrutiny As President Directs Oil, Gas Revenues To Federation Account In Sweeping Reforms 

February 19, 2026
Next Post

ATMIS conducts training on human rights for public officers in Jubaland state

Trump

Trump, Supreme Court Justices On Warpath As President Raises Global Tariff Rate To 15% After Ruling

February 21, 2026
US Labor Secretary’s Husband Barred From Department Over Sexual Assault Allegations, NYT Reports

US Labor Secretary’s Husband Barred From Department Over Sexual Assault Allegations, NYT Reports

February 20, 2026
Nigerians Overstaying Visa Risk Serious Sanctions, US Warns, Says “No Honest Mistakes”

Trump Administration Moves To End Housing Assistance For Mixed Immigration Families 

February 20, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version