• Contact Us
  • About Us
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

ASUU: I Proposed One Week To Resolve Issue, Adamu Volunteered Two- Ngigie, As FG Declares NLC Proposed Solidarity Protest Illegal 

metro by metro
July 20, 2022
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS

Read Also

Jesse Jackson, Civil Rights Leader, US Presidential Hopeful, Dies At 84

Nigeria Leads Charge On Global Tax, Monetary Reform, Others As G-24 Holds Technical Group Meeting In Abuja

US House Passes Bill To Require Proof Of US citizenship For Midterm Voters

 

The embattled Minister Of Labour and Employment Senator Chris Ngige has said that the he proposed one week to resolve the lingering over five months old strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) but that his counterpart in the education ministry Adamu Adamu volunteered to resolve the issues with the union in two weeks.
Ngigie, who denied media report that President Muhammadu Buhari ordered him to hands off renegotiations with the striking university based unions said he hopes the issue will be resolved at the stipulated time.
The denial is coming just as the Federal Government has declared the proposed nationwide protest by the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, in solidarity with the striking members of the University-based unions as illegal.
But the leadership of the union had blamed the ‘negotiating’ role he had been playing, saying that the Minister had on several ocassions, rather compounded the issues.
Asked if the two weeks directive by the President to resolve the issue is achievable,
the Labour minister responded in the affirmative advising the unions to table their case before the Ministry of Education whom the President has directed to resolve the issue.
 

Meanwhile, Ngige has told journalists that there was no veracity in the media report that President Buhari ordered him on Tuesday to hands off renegotiations with the striking unions.

Describing the report as false, Ngige said, “Anyway I saw one of the dailies writing something like that today (Wednesday), but the truth of the matter is there is no such thing ,it’s just a categorical untruth, there is nothing like handsoff .”


 NLC had announced that it would embark on a nationwide protest on July 26 and 27 to press home the need to resolve the over five-month old strike embarked by the four university based unions.The four unions are the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, SSANU, the Non-Academic Staff Union of Allied and Educational Institutions, NASU and the National Association of Academic Technologists, NAAT.
ALSO READ:2023:Adeboye Is Under Authority of God, CAN, PFN, Will Not Speak Onbehalf Of Christians Regarding policies-RCCG
But briefing State House correspondents at the end of the weekly Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari, at the Council Chamber, Abuja, the Minister of information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed said since the NLC has no dispute with government, its planned street protest is illegal.

Mohammed observed that what the Congress is doing is about interest, noting that it should insulate itself completely from politics.

Previous Post

Voluntary repatriation of refugees from Angola to DR Congo resumes

Next Post

Flashback: Buhari’s 2015 Criticism Of FG Over Lecturers’ Strike Irks Stakeholders, Say, ‘What Goes Around, Comes Around’ 

Related Posts

Jesse Jackson, Civil Rights Leader, US Presidential Hopeful, Dies At 84
News

Jesse Jackson, Civil Rights Leader, US Presidential Hopeful, Dies At 84

February 17, 2026
Nigeria Leads Charge On Global Tax, Monetary Reform, Others As G-24 Holds Technical Group Meeting In Abuja
News

Nigeria Leads Charge On Global Tax, Monetary Reform, Others As G-24 Holds Technical Group Meeting In Abuja

February 15, 2026
News

US House Passes Bill To Require Proof Of US citizenship For Midterm Voters

February 12, 2026
No Defection Talks With APC, Kwankwaso Camp Insists
News

NNPP  Rejects US’ Move To Blacklist Kwankwaso, Alleges Hypocrisy 

February 12, 2026
Next Post

Flashback: Buhari's 2015 Criticism Of FG Over Lecturers' Strike Irks Stakeholders, Say, 'What Goes Around, Comes Around' 

Africa.com Expands Data-Driven Market Coverage with In On Africa

February 17, 2026
Jesse Jackson, Civil Rights Leader, US Presidential Hopeful, Dies At 84

Jesse Jackson, Civil Rights Leader, US Presidential Hopeful, Dies At 84

February 17, 2026
DOBA (Lagos chapter) Secretary General Gives Out Daughter In Marriage In Lagos. 

DOBA (Lagos chapter) Secretary General Gives Out Daughter In Marriage In Lagos.

February 17, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version