• Contact Us
  • About Us
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
  • Login
MetroBusinessNews
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate
No Result
View All Result
MetroBusinessNews
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Mission protests burning of Nigerian to death in South Africa

metro by metro
April 24, 2018
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Clement Nwaogu Burnt to death

The Nigerian Mission in South Africa has written a letter of protest to South African Authority over the killing of another Nigerian, Mr. Clement Nwaogu, in Rustenburg, South Africa.

The Nigeria Consul General in Johannesburg, South Africa, Mr Godwin Adama, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on telephone from Johannesburg, that the mission had waded into issues surrounding renewed xenophobic attacks on Nigerians

Read Also

UK Commends Resilience, patience Demonstrated By Voters During Osun Election Urges Nigeria To Apply Lessons To 2027 poll

Iran Threatens To Go On Offensive In Strait Of Hormuz If Diplomacy With US Fails

Shipping Traffic Through Strait Of Hormuz Slumps As US-Iran Ceasefire Deadline Looms

Adama who condemned the act of burning Nwaogu to death by a mob in the latest xenophobia attack in that country said that the Nigerian Mission in South Africa was on top of the situation

““The High Commissioner has been on top of the situation, he has spoken with the Nigerian community sent the officers to calm down the situation.

“”Tomorrow morning we are meeting on the matter with him. In fact, he had written a letter of protest to the South African Authority and he is waiting for their response to see the next action to be taken on the matter.

“”We are working collectively as the two missions in the country so as to be on the same page over the incident, in reacting to the issues,” he said.

He explained that the community, Rustenburg, had been a hot spot in recent time.

Adama said that 13 Nigerians, who protested the killing of a fellow citizen in Rustenburg in February, were arrested and charged to court for public disturbance.

He said that the mission had been going to court over the matter and had to be escorted by security due to threat

“The community has vowed to deal with anyone who plays a positive role in getting the accused Nigerians return to Rustenberg,” he said .

According to him the latest incident is apparently a reaction to their threat of dealing with any Nigerian that they find in their community.

“”They were having erroneous belief that some Nigerians were involved in drugs unfortunately the particular guy that was attacked was not involved in drugs he had his genuine business.

““They went to his shop on that fateful day told him to bring the drug he was keeping, the guy said there was no drug in his shop that he was a genuine business man but they did not listen to him.

“They attacked the guy, beat him to coma and set him ablaze but was taken to the hospital where he died later.

““So it was going to generate a lot of issues and the mission had to intervened particularly the High commissioner, because each district is under the supervision of the high commission in Pretoria,” he said.

While explaining that South Africa has been a very volatile country, he said that there was the need for Nigerians living in the country to be very careful and behave themselves so as not to fall victim

He expressed the hope that the new government in that country would take appropriate measure and meet with the relevant authorities to address the issue once and for all. (NAN)

Tags: Clement Nwaogu Burnt to death
Previous Post

Ekiti 2018: Buhari grants Fayemi leave of absence to seek APC ticket

Next Post

Dino Melaye rearrested, moved to SARS hqtrs

Related Posts

UK Commends Resilience, patience Demonstrated By Voters During Osun Election Urges Nigeria To Apply Lessons To 2027 poll
News

UK Commends Resilience, patience Demonstrated By Voters During Osun Election Urges Nigeria To Apply Lessons To 2027 poll

August 17, 2026
US, Iran Envoys Head For Talks, Israeli Strikes Continue After Ceasefire
News

Iran Threatens To Go On Offensive In Strait Of Hormuz If Diplomacy With US Fails

August 17, 2026
Houthis Claim Attacks On Saudi Tankers In Red Sea, Raising Risk Of New Chokepoint In Iran War
News

Shipping Traffic Through Strait Of Hormuz Slumps As US-Iran Ceasefire Deadline Looms

August 17, 2026
Crisis Rocks Lagos APC Over Alleged Imposition Of Candidates
News

Farouk Aliyu: APC Defeated  Itself In Osun, Must Wake Up Before 2027

August 17, 2026
Next Post

Dino Melaye rearrested, moved to SARS hqtrs

UK Commends Resilience, patience Demonstrated By Voters During Osun Election Urges Nigeria To Apply Lessons To 2027 poll

UK Commends Resilience, patience Demonstrated By Voters During Osun Election Urges Nigeria To Apply Lessons To 2027 poll

August 17, 2026
US, Iran Envoys Head For Talks, Israeli Strikes Continue After Ceasefire

Iran Threatens To Go On Offensive In Strait Of Hormuz If Diplomacy With US Fails

August 17, 2026
Oil Stocks Declining ‘Very Fast’, IEA Chief Warns

Oil Rises on Iran War Stalemate; Near-term Potential For Further Gains Seen Limited

August 17, 2026
MetroBusinessNews

© 2022 Metro Business News

Navigate Site

  • Contact Us
  • About Us

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • News
  • Companies and Markets
  • Energy
  • Sports
  • Real Estate

© 2022 Metro Business News

Go to mobile version